CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Great Powers Game Debrief

My country was Japan. Building my empire was hard at first, but the more buying power i had, the more easier it became. The empire would gradually build up, and at first i felt that Japan was hopeless, and it wouldn't have much power as other countries, but later it felt that Japan had a chance. The countries with the higher buying powers such as US had more of an advantage because it could gain more power faster by buying many industries, and armies. My empire felt small against the large countries, and its power was small.

At the beginning of the game, it felt more important to buy industries because you could earn 1 more everytime you buy it, increasing your buying power so you can buy more. But further into the game, it felt more important to have the right amount of armies because eventually, you would be attacked.

I personally think i did well negotiating, and having definite allies who would for sure back me upwhen i needed help. what i would have done differently was changing my technique to buying lots to industries and colonies to increase the power, and then buy all armies to the end so i would have enough to defeat the other countries.

My alliances were successful, although some of them wanted to change, but didn't. I also ended up being alliances with Russia who had promised to give me the land i needed. I could trust Russia the most to have backed me up. She could help me because she got wiped out right before me. Not all allies could be trusted, such as Germany. Germany were my allies, but they wanted to join the winning side so they had a bit of confusion.

I learned that different countries wanted similar properties that other countries had, and they would fight, or even start a war in order to gain that money. Also, not all allies could have been trusted, you mostly had to be independent in making the choices.

0 comments: