CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A letter from the Battlefront

Old Street 7454, Berlin
September 1, 1939

Dearest Elizabeth,
A couple days ago after having the shortages of food, we launched the blitzkrieg into Poland, where they were defenseless against us. We had slaughtered many men like pigs, and many others wounded. With Prussia in the east, Germany in the north, and Silesia and Slovakia in the south, our units, with more than 2000 tanks and over 1000 planes broke through Polish defenses along the border. Our plan was to form a massive encirclement attack, in order for Poland to surrender. In the first couple of days during the war, we had completely wiped out the Polish air force. The Polish had tried to escape, but were always killed, and never made it. Planes were flying around everywhere, mysteriously releasing bombs. Explosions turned the blue sky into black, releasing carbon dioxide into our lungs. A step closer to suffocating each time.

I heard the bloody cries of woman, children, and men, all whom have done nothing to harm us, and yet, we still kill them. Our high usage of aircraft and bombing played a major death role in taking over Poland. Compared to the Polish army, we had nearly double the weapons, which made Poland look powerless against us. Several days later, the Polish army had surrendered, and on that same day, Russia had met with us as partners. The wars here are extremely bloody and vicious. Even though we celebrate our victories, I believe that even as a soldier, war isn’t right. We had won the war, proudly celebrate our victories. But in my heart, I have lost. Lost the trust of the Polish, and from everyone whom I have killed. Its a huge burden for me to carry, even as a soldier.

Otherwise, we do have some bad news. After all our efforts into serving our country, and taking over Poland, Britain has declared war on us. Don’t worry about me, this is what I want, to serve my country to the last, doing good or bad. If I don’t ever see you again, my dearest Elizabeth, I want you to know I had loved you and our children more than anything. I will see you soon that I promise, but this time, in a better place, and forever.

Your Husband,
Abe Levi

P.S. Please don’t tell our children yet about what might happen to me. If I do die fighting for my country, I want you to wait for them to get old enough, they will understand then. I’m very sorry dear Elizabeth. I want you to know that if I die, I die with victory. Not the victory of our country, but the victory in my heart. If this letter does reach before the day of the war, you will know I am still alive. I love you so dearly, and please, the children shall not know. Not just yet.

http://www.cyberlearning-world.com/lessons/ushistory/ww2/europeanthumb.jpg

0 comments: